Llanrwst Town Council
You are: News & Events > Notice of Election
An election is to be held for one Community Councillor for Llanrwst Town Council (Crwst ward)
Date of Election: Thursday, 20 January 2022
Obtaining nomination papers
1. Nomination papers may be obtained from the Returning Officer, Bodlondeb, Conwy, LL32 8DU. The Returning Officer will, at the request of any local government elector for the said electoral area, prepare a nomination paper for signature.
Delivery of nomination papers
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, Bodlondeb, Conwy, LL32 8DU, on any day after the date of this notice but not later than 4pm on Monday, 20 December 2021.
3. If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday, 20 January 2022.
4. Applications to be added to the Register of Electors in order to vote at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer, Bodlondeb, Conwy, LL32 BDU by Tuesday, 4 January 2022. Applications can be made online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
Postal and proxy voting
5. Electors and their proxies should take note that all applications, amendments or cancellations for new and existing postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer, Bodlondeb, Conwy, LL32 BOU by 5pm on Wednesday, 5 January 2022. This includes electors or their proxies who wish to make alterations to their existing arrangements on a permanent basis.
6. Applications to appoint a proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer, Bodlondeb, Conwy, LL32 SOU by 5pm on Wednesday, 12 January 2022.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity, for work/service reasons or the need to comply with an enactment or guidance from Welsh Ministers relating to coronavirus must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Thursday, 20 January 2022. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Wednesday, 12 January 2022. To apply on the grounds of work/service or coronavirus, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Wednesday, 12 January 2022.